Joint Urban Remote Sensing Event Planned for Brazil
JURSE 2013) is to take place in São Paulo, Brazil, from April 21–23, 2013, with a focus on young researchers.The 2013 Joint Urban Remote Sensing Event (
Young researchers have been invited to enter a Student Paper Competition. Five selected students will receive free registration for the conference as well as €500 (about $650 U.S.) to cover living expenses during the event, thanks to the sponsorship of the European Space Agency (ESA).
The five selected students will provide a presentation during the conference; the three best papers will be rewarded.
GEO also has granted $5,000 (U.S.) to sponsor the attendance of a limited number of young scientists coming from developing countries, based on the scientific quality of their papers. They also will receive free registration for the conference.
The following topics are to be included in the conference:
1) Remote Sensing and Data Fusion over Urban Areas (URBAN):
• New data and sensors for urban area remote sensing
• Structure detection and characterization in urban areas
• Algorithms and techniques for remotely sensed data interpretation in urban areas
• Algorithms and techniques for urban area applications.
2) Remote Sensing (RS) of Urban and Suburban Areas (URS):
• Urban climatology, geology, and geohazards
• RS Applications to social science
• RS Applications to urban planning and conservation
• Urban development and growth pattern
• Urban and peri-urban ecology.
The deadline for paper submissions is Oct. 31.