- The U.S. EPA, eight states and 13 citizens groups have reached an agreement with American Electric Power that requires the nation’s largest power company to cut air pollution at 16 of its coal-fired power plants across the Midwest and South.
Originally Published by ENS - The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected a request by the marine mammal conservation group Sea Shepherd to end restrictions on the movement of its ships near Japanese whalers in the Southern Ocean.
- Exploring how President Obama can move from rhetoric to real-world action on energy and climate.
- The Ecologist’s political writer, Bibi van der Zee, asks whether the German's energy policy is a crazy punt, or an example to be followed by other states.
- Latest demand comes from local and southern state governments, including Louisiana and Mississippi, hit hard by pollution following 2010 blowout.
- Oil and gas made Norway one of the world’s most advanced and prosperous countries in just a few decades.
- Pennsylvania says it will conduct a comprehensive review of radiation levels in drilling cuttings and water but that the amounts measured so far are negligible.